A critical piece of the success formula, regardless of whether it is personal, academic, business or achievement related, is the presence of a mentor at key stages of development. The role of a mentor is to help you recognize your potential, encourage you through difficult situations, facilitate the necessary steps towards success and stretch you beyond your comfort level.
January is National Mentoring Month. If you had a mentor that helped you get where you are today, consider sharing the story with others by posting a tribute to them online. Take the time to personally thank them for the difference they have made in your life. Consider passing it on by mentoring someone else.
Ever wondered who were the mentors to some of America’s most prominent individuals? Check out Who Mentored You.
Gangplank is always looking for new mentors. If you know someone that would be a great mentor for early stage ventures, product development, design, marketing, operations, technology, legal or finances please drop an email to our Director of Operations.
If you need a mentor in the above areas please check out Mentor Services. Make a resolution this year to be mentored and help mentor someone else!
Ten Things To Do For National Mentoring Month
- Become a mentor in your community.
- Learn more about mentoring.
- Partner with a mentoring organization.
- Tell 5 friends about National Mentoring Month.
- Think about the mentors in your life and post a tribute to them online.
- Read the latest research and find resources on mentoring.
- Serve your community on MLK Day of Service by deciding to become a mentor.
- Make a donation to a mentoring organization in your community.
- Go to YouTube on Thank Your Mentor Day™ (January 25) and make the National Mentoring Month videos the most popular of the day.
- Explore ways to help children succeed academically through mentoring.