Convening to imagine how we can create better communities is part of what we do at Gangplank. However, we hope to not stop there. Doing over saying is part of Gangplank’s manifesto as well. So when we were asked to host a Manifesto Project event as part of the Arizona We Want 2.0 we dove in. The Manifesto Project came out of the Arizona We Want 2.0. This event is intended to gather the voice of young leaders in asking how we can create communities that they desire to live in.
At the Chandler location, we collaborated with several other local non profits and organizations in hosting this event including the Downtown Chandler Community Partnership, ICAN, and the Chandler Chamber.
The Manifesto Project asks 3 questions. Listed below are the responses that came from Chandler participants:
I will lead the change I want to see by…
1) informing the public about issues occurring in their community and
showing them how to create change
2) joining a local govt board committee
3) saying yes to the opportunities that allow me to meet new people
and build friendships with them
4) catalyzing people to build magnificent places and cities
5)volunteering at my neighborhood school
Our Generation is….
2) Full of potential, passionate and driven, anti establishment
3) Needs direction
5) Connected and Caring about the world around us
I would stay in AZ forever if…
1) We had a vibrant community with better food, diverse culture, more
public spaces, more affordable indoor activities.
2) I could build meaningful relationships with the people and places
in the community
3) If Parents, politicians and educators worked together to create
more creative, capable, considerate, community oriented children
4)If we had a vibrant business ecosystem where active angel investors
are available and accessible, business knowledgeable and resources
support people from good idea stage to launch, red tape is eliminated,
jobs are satisfying and sustainable
5)Socially conscious culture that offers cutting edge solutions for
social problems – environment, mental, physical, health delivery
systems, youth, poverty etc
We will be hosting one more Manifesto Project event tomorrow. If you didn’t get to a chance to join us in Chandler, join us in Avondale as we dream of a better future for Arizona.