Gangplank Outreach and Communication Intern
Gangplank is seeking energetic, fun, and creative Outreach and Communication interns to help share the Gangplank story and engage local residents. Gangplank is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities. This unpaid position will provide interns with experience in outreach and communications for a global nonprofit while supporting the creation of vibrant communities. Interns will have opportunities to learn and use a variety of skills including event planning, social media marketing, writing press releases, photography, and video. Summer internships begins June 5, 2014.
As part of telling Gangplank’s story, interns will also have opportunities to explore 3D printing, electronics, entrepreneurship, design, software development, community development, and economic development.
This position supports all of Gangplank’s Phoenix Metro locations. Currently we have locations in Chandler and Avondale. Interns can choose to be based out of either location. Travel to events throughout the Phoenix Metro area is required.
• Organize, attend, and or participate in events related to Gangplank initiatives.
• Create fun and interactive displays for outreach tables.
• Create, update, and respond to social media and blog posts.
• Create videos and other multimedia communications
• Craft and distribute press releases as needed.
• Performs related duties as needed.
• Must have a strong desire to learn.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Energetic and creative individuals who are capable of making decisions on their own.
To apply please submit your resume to Trish@gangplankhq.com no later than May 15, 2014.