Chandler Community Meeting Notes 11/20/2013
By: Jeremy S.
- General Thoughts on Goal of Meeting. We like the open general update and communication aspect (of old format, pre-Initiatives check in). We also liked the “lets focus and have a goal for meetings.” We didn’t like the “lets turn some meetings into a project meeting”. So we stated a goal that our meetings should allow for open general discussion but also allow for us to plan out some specific long-reaching discussions too.
- Thanksgiving Potluck next Wednesday: Please promote! People are paramount! We need a main course dish. Idea offered to pitch in for a turkey or ham? Troy B. will coordinate a ham or turkey. We discussed a problem with food-related events not being cleaned up. So, for this Potluck, start time is at 12PM, end time is at 2PM. At that time, everyone will help get cleaned up.
- Startup Weekend was awesome. Thanks to everyone for helping out, sponsoring, and being there. Ben was a great host. Ben thanks us all.
- Kids & Gangplank: Last week, a person brought disruptive kids to the Thursday WordPress Meetup Group. We wanted to remind each other of our stance on Kids at Gangplank. Kids are welcome here as long they are learning and not disruptive. This place is first a place for adults to learn and develop business and community. EXCEPT for Gangplank Jr, when kids are welcome implicitly. Parents who bring their kids outside of GPJR events are expected to monitor their children and ensure they are not disruptive… if the parents are unable to do so or are not, we fall back to Manifesto item “Friendship over Formality” and personally give the parent feedback and ask them to fix the problem or leave and come back without their children. We agree we are not helping a situation if we simple complain about it afterwards.
- Trash Schedule: If your desk moved, so did your trash day. Refer to map on wall by key rack. There is a question about when you should do it? We discussed that this is ideally afternoon time (2PM to 4PM), but whenever it is ideal for your company/pod is okay. IE: Bonanza Ed is usually off-site in the field during the afternoon… they are okay doing it around lunch since that is when they get here.
- 2 Things that will make Gangplank Better… go! More Toys. More People. More participation. More Money. More Accessibility. More Education. More Food. More Silliness… and more (I couldn’t keep up with the suggestions).
END 4:35 PM