You’ve been to Gangplank a few times and you like what you see. If you’re thinking about setting up a more permanent base of operations, you will need to complete the following form, as well a set of of expectations to better acquaint yourself with our culture.
- Anchor Pledges must fill out the Use of Space Request to begin process.
- Anchor Pledges must attend at least:
- (2) Brownbag presentations
- (1) Anchor meeting
- (2) Hacknights
- (1) Gangplank Academy class
- Anchor Pledges must work out of the space, at minimum, 3 days a week for four or more hours
- Anchor Pledges must volunteer 10 hours. Some examples include:
- Run a brownbag presentation
- Assist with setup/breakdown of an event
- Reset the library
- Teach an Academy class or workshop
- Clean/Organize the space
- Plan and run an event
- Write a blog post or shoot a video for the Gangplank site
- Anchor Pledges must be vouched for by 3 current Anchors as part of the interview process. Some ideas on how to get to know the Anchors:
- Join current Anchors out to lunch
- Ask current Anchors for help on a project or help them with theirs
- Organize a social event for current Anchors to attend
- Play plenty of video games
- Anchor Pledges must complete an interview with all current Anchors at weekly Anchor meeting.
There is no daily fee to make Gangplank your base of operations. Our wifi, conference rooms and podcasting studio are at your disposal. We simply ask that you respect the space and work of fellow Gangplank members, as well as be willing to collaborate with the community. Questions? Email Director of Operations, Katie Charland.